Paul Vidal – 2013 Sharp End Award Recipient
15 January 2014
2013 was a great year for the RRGCC. The highlight certainly being the RRGCC making a huge step in its ongoing effort to secure and protect open, public access to rock climbing in the Red River Gorge area of Kentucky and promoting conservation of the environment of the lands on which we climb.
That huge step was made possible by our very own Paul Vidal, who has been recognized on a national level by an Access Fund Sharp End Award for his achievements and contributions to the best climbing area and community on the globe, the Red River Gorge.
Thanks for having the vision to make the Miller Fork Recreational Preserve a reality, Paul!
Red River Gorge Climbers’ Coalition
Sharp End Award – Paul Vidal
“Access Fund is thrilled to award Paul Vidal, past President of Red River Gorge Climbers Coalition (RRGCC), with a Sharp End Award for his leadership in protecting Red River Gorge climbing. Paul is a longtime volunteer and board member with RRGCC, diligently working to preserve climbing on public and private lands in the Red. He's spent countless hours helping to organize trail days, put on RRGCC's annual Rocktoberfest, meet with land managers, and build positive relationships with the local residents and businesses. In 2012, the same year that RRGCC successfully paid off their more than 750-acre Pendergrass-Murray Recreational Preserve, Paul spearheaded the Miller Fork acquisition, working with local landowners and Access Fund to negotiate RRGCC's successful purchase of the new Miller Fork Recreational Preserve. The Preserve encompasses 309 acres and protects climbing access to miles of sandstone cliff line. Thank you, Paul!”
- 23 Oct 2016 - Rocktoberfest 2016 Wrap-Up
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause
- 20 May 2016 - Rocktoberfest - New Location
- 03 May 2016 - Bald Rock Fork Road Speed Limit
- 13 Apr 2016 - Red River Reunion 2016 Recap
- 08 Mar 2016 - Economic Impact of Rock Climbing in the Red River Gorge
- 29 Jan 2016 - The Red River Reunion Climbing Competition Returns!
- 08 Jan 2016 - Proposed White Haired Goldenrod Delisting Ceremony Attended by RRGCC
- 04 Jan 2016 - RRGCC Climbers That Care 2015
- 26 Dec 2015 - Recent Changes in the MFRP …Older Posts