Audrey Sniezek Makes a Difference in Lee County
10 October 2012
Some people have a knack for finding creative ways to bring about positive change. Audrey Sniezek is working with Microsoft to bring technology education to Lee County High School. As part of the TEALS (Technology Education And Literacy in Schools) program, students will have the opportunity to learn about computer programming from online courses taught by Microsoft employees. At the same time, their teachers will be learning how to teach the courses, so that in the future, they can take over and continue the classes with next year's students.
Upon graduation, students will have opportunities to intern with Microsoft, and to potentially begin careers in the tech industry that will allow them to work remotely — or perhaps to return to their school as teachers in technology education, and make the same difference in the next generation's lives that Audrey is helping to facilitate in theirs. :)
The RRGCC applauds the initiative Audrey has taken to give back to the community in which she loves spending her time. Please visit Audrey’s blog and check out the KY School Boards Association's article on the topic for more details.
- 05 Jun 2017 - Conservation Alliance Grant
- 11 Jan 2017 - Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition Teams up with Access Fund to Secure Access to the Motherlode
- 23 Oct 2016 - Rocktoberfest 2016 Wrap-Up
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause …Older Posts