Audrey Sniezek Makes a Difference in Lee County
10 October 2012
Some people have a knack for finding creative ways to bring about positive change. Audrey Sniezek is working with Microsoft to bring technology education to Lee County High School. As part of the TEALS (Technology Education And Literacy in Schools) program, students will have the opportunity to learn about computer programming from online courses taught by Microsoft employees. At the same time, their teachers will be learning how to teach the courses, so that in the future, they can take over and continue the classes with next year's students.
Upon graduation, students will have opportunities to intern with Microsoft, and to potentially begin careers in the tech industry that will allow them to work remotely — or perhaps to return to their school as teachers in technology education, and make the same difference in the next generation's lives that Audrey is helping to facilitate in theirs. :)
The RRGCC applauds the initiative Audrey has taken to give back to the community in which she loves spending her time. Please visit Audrey’s blog and check out the KY School Boards Association's article on the topic for more details.
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause
- 20 May 2016 - Rocktoberfest - New Location
- 03 May 2016 - Bald Rock Fork Road Speed Limit
- 13 Apr 2016 - Red River Reunion 2016 Recap
- 08 Mar 2016 - Economic Impact of Rock Climbing in the Red River Gorge
- 29 Jan 2016 - The Red River Reunion Climbing Competition Returns!
- 08 Jan 2016 - Proposed White Haired Goldenrod Delisting Ceremony Attended by RRGCC
- 04 Jan 2016 - RRGCC Climbers That Care 2015
- 26 Dec 2015 - Recent Changes in the MFRP
- 30 Nov 2015 - Climbers That Care 2015 …Older Posts