Climbers That Care Thanksgiving Tour
by Paul Vidal
10 November 2010
Help us make this year's Climbers That Care event even better by bringing in canned goods, hats, jackets, presents.. whatever fits your fancy
Another season coming to an end in the Red, at least thats what we tell all the people from other parts of the country. Time to decide whether to fatten up at the family Thanksgiving feast or eat tuna from a can with friends in the dirty South. It's the perfect time to start planning the deep Winter trip and finally hit Hueco. Or maybe its time to hit the plastic and get freaky strong for next Springs routes. Or maybe its time to drop climbing for the season and hit the powder…
When you list it out like that most of our lifes choices seem pretty tame compared to a lot of those in the local areas around the Red. Instead of choosing how to waste their day away wrestling rocks or skiing slopes, they are trying to figure out how to put a hot meal on the table and clothes on their children backs.
This is your chance to give back to the families of the areas that you play in. Please bring your canned goods, hats, jackets, boots or whatever could make someones winter a little more comfortable. Last year we had a full truckload of supplies donated and hope to repeat that this year. All the food and clothing is donated to the food bank ran by the Catholic Church of the Good Shepherd in Campton. If cash is your only option be assured that 100% will be used to buy food/clothing for the drive.
This year we are going on a gym tour and plan to hit as many gyms as possible. Right now we have Eastern Kentucky University and Bluegrass Bouldering committed. If you have a gym or would like to suggest one to host please get in touch with us.
Festivities will include free admittance to the gym, a one of a kind slide show featuring many of the areas talented photographers, including some old school favorites, music at some of the events as well as pot luck dinners (depending on location we will have adult refreshments available). And of course, there will be plenty of good folks and warm smiles to go around.
So find a gym near you to pull down and put up some good deeds:
- Bluegrass Bouldering (Lexington, KY) — November 19th
- Rockquest (Cincinnati, OH) — November 22nd
- Rocksport (Louisville, KY) — December 8th
- Hoosier Heights (Bloomington, IN) — December 10th
- Eastern Kentucky University (Richmond, KY) — December 11th
Climbers That Care
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause
- 20 May 2016 - Rocktoberfest - New Location
- 03 May 2016 - Bald Rock Fork Road Speed Limit
- 13 Apr 2016 - Red River Reunion 2016 Recap
- 08 Mar 2016 - Economic Impact of Rock Climbing in the Red River Gorge
- 29 Jan 2016 - The Red River Reunion Climbing Competition Returns!
- 08 Jan 2016 - Proposed White Haired Goldenrod Delisting Ceremony Attended by RRGCC
- 04 Jan 2016 - RRGCC Climbers That Care 2015
- 26 Dec 2015 - Recent Changes in the MFRP
- 30 Nov 2015 - Climbers That Care 2015
- 19 Oct 2015 - Rocktoberfest Review 2015
- 12 Oct 2015 - 2015 Rocktoberfest Clip ‘n’ Go Climbing Comp Results
- 30 Sep 2015 - Rocktoberfest 2015 Clinics
- 18 Sep 2015 - Rocktoberfest 2015 …Older Posts