2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
09 August 2016
This year's Johnny and Alex Trail Day was a fantastic display of how amazing the climbing community in the Red River Gorge is. Despite the triple digit heat index, volunteers came out by the dozens to help work on the trails that bring climbers from all over the world to the classic routes the Red is famous for. We got a lot accomplished this year, and every volunteer should be proud of their work! Some of the areas that received attention were - Volunteer Wall, the short cut trail from Flat Holler Parking Lot to Sore Heel, the Dark Side and the Bright Side approaches, plus many more!
Of course, after the hard work was done it was time to head back to Lago Linda's Hideaway and have some fun! While a fantastic lunch from Miguel's Pizza sustained the workers throughout the day, for dinner the Red River Rockhouse cooked up some amazing burgers and sides for the hungry volunteers to dig into. After dinner, everyone was entertained by the sounds of the Mike Creech band, and then they tried their hand at winning some amazing swag!
It was, as always, an event filled with fun, hard work and progress, and the RRGCC is proud that the community comes together every year to honor two pillars of the climbing community who have passed away, Johnny and Alex, and work to preserve the land for climbers, owned by climbers.
Did you attend this event? Please fill out our post-event survey here!
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause
- 20 May 2016 - Rocktoberfest - New Location
- 03 May 2016 - Bald Rock Fork Road Speed Limit
- 13 Apr 2016 - Red River Reunion 2016 Recap
- 08 Mar 2016 - Economic Impact of Rock Climbing in the Red River Gorge
- 29 Jan 2016 - The Red River Reunion Climbing Competition Returns!
- 08 Jan 2016 - Proposed White Haired Goldenrod Delisting Ceremony Attended by RRGCC
- 04 Jan 2016 - RRGCC Climbers That Care 2015
- 26 Dec 2015 - Recent Changes in the MFRP
- 30 Nov 2015 - Climbers That Care 2015
- 19 Oct 2015 - Rocktoberfest Review 2015
- 12 Oct 2015 - 2015 Rocktoberfest Clip ‘n’ Go Climbing Comp Results
- 30 Sep 2015 - Rocktoberfest 2015 Clinics
- 18 Sep 2015 - Rocktoberfest 2015 …Older Posts