Rocktoberfest 2016 Wrap-Up
23 October 2016
Another Rocktoberfest has come and gone and we are thrilled to announce that this year’s event was our most successful ever! With the help of the best climbing community in the world and all of our awesome sponsors, we raised over $40,000!! That is HUGE, because we have a $36,000 mortgage payment for the MFRP coming up. Without your help, we wouldn’t be able to continue to secure world-class climbing for everyone to enjoy!
With record attendance, hundreds of climbers enjoyed their time at Rocktoberfest, testing their speed climbing skills, launching water balloons and throwing light-up javelins. They browsed the booths of our great sponsors, picking up swag and learning about all the different products out there. On Friday night, everyone gathered in the hangar at Land of the Arches to watch Reel Rock, and on Saturday they got together again to hear Petzl and Red Bull athlete Sasha DiGiulian talk about how much she loves the Red, followed by some bluegrass music from the Mike Creech Band. On the mic both nights keeping everyone informed of the goings-on was Kris Hampton of Power Company Climbing. This included taking a timeout to personally thank a few amazing volunteers, giving out a few awards. We had two Volunteers of the Year- Mike Chung for our website redesign and Eric Cox for procuring our new location at Land of the Arches and helping to ensure Rocktoberfest went off without a hitch! We also honored Executive Director Emeritus Bill Strachan will a Lifetime Achievement Award for his many years of dedicated service to the RRGCC.
On Saturday, eager competitors headed to the MFRP for the Black Diamond Clip n Go Comp. Everyone gave their all, but only the best could win. Those winners are-
- Katie Eichhorn
- Emmalee Orlette
- Jocelyn Richmond
- Marty Vogel
- Zach Davis
- Jeffrey Wilges
- Lena Moinova
- Melissa Wagner
- Erik Kloeker
- Dave Hinton
- Ben Circello
Sunday, dozens of climbers expanded their climbing skills and knowledge by attending one of our many clinics. Big thanks to Red River Outdoors for loaning us the gear we needed!
We had a great time celebrating climbing in the Red River Gorge and we hope you did too. Next year, we want to make it even better! You can help us do that by taking this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3T7X2XN!
Main page photo credit: Dan Chandler
- 23 Oct 2016 - Rocktoberfest 2016 Wrap-Up
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause
- 20 May 2016 - Rocktoberfest - New Location
- 03 May 2016 - Bald Rock Fork Road Speed Limit
- 13 Apr 2016 - Red River Reunion 2016 Recap
- 08 Mar 2016 - Economic Impact of Rock Climbing in the Red River Gorge
- 29 Jan 2016 - The Red River Reunion Climbing Competition Returns!
- 08 Jan 2016 - Proposed White Haired Goldenrod Delisting Ceremony Attended by RRGCC
- 04 Jan 2016 - RRGCC Climbers That Care 2015
- 26 Dec 2015 - Recent Changes in the MFRP …Older Posts