18 September 2015
Rocktoberfest, the biggest yearly fundraiser for the Red River Gorge Climbers’ Coalition, is back! As you may have seen on our home page, we’re working hard to raise the $36,000 we need for this year’s Miller Fork mortgage payment. After this year, we’ll be more than halfway done paying off the 5-year mortgage, which means more than halfway to owning over 1,000 acres of land for everyone to climb on. Pre-register for Rocktoberfest and let’s raise the rest of that $36,000 on Rocktoberfest weekend!
The event will take place October 9-11 at the Natural Bridge Campground (the same venue as the past few years) in Slade, KY and will feature a climbing competition at certain crags on the Miller Fork Recreational Preserve, a Friday night showing of the 2015 Reel Rock Tour, a Saturday night performance by the Flea Market Hustlers, crate stacking, booths of vendors showing off their wares, climbing skills clinics, and – as always – more!
Attendees are highly encouraged to pre-register. A number of options are available, allowing climbers to customize the event – and its price – to their needs.
Volunteers are also needed – they are what make the event a success year after year. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, and it’s a lot of fun! Volunteers get to to hang out with others in the community, making friends and new climbing connections while supporting the RRGCC (not to mention, they get in free the day they volunteer!)! Volunteers can register here. Make sure to sign-up early – prime slots fill up quickly!
A rough schedule of the main events is below – please keep an ear out throughout the event for announcements from our awesome MC: Kris Hampton of Power Company Climbing, and forgive us if things don’t run exactly on time:
6pm: Vendor booths open
7pm: Crate stackers start stacking (thank you, BlueWater and LaSportiva!)
8pm: Reel Rock 10
9am: Yoga with Danielle Bartos ($5 donation to the RRGCC appreciated)
9am: Climbing Shoe Demo at Miguel’s (which brings us to…)
10am: MFRP Climbing Comp starts, and finishes at 5pm (thank you, Black Diamond!)
6pm: Food trucks start trucking
8pm: Announcers start announcing: comp winners, raffle winners
9pm: Flea Market Husters start rocking the stage
8am: Solid Rock Climbers for Christ Breakfast
10am: Clinics head out for the day
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause
- 20 May 2016 - Rocktoberfest - New Location
- 03 May 2016 - Bald Rock Fork Road Speed Limit
- 13 Apr 2016 - Red River Reunion 2016 Recap
- 08 Mar 2016 - Economic Impact of Rock Climbing in the Red River Gorge
- 29 Jan 2016 - The Red River Reunion Climbing Competition Returns!
- 08 Jan 2016 - Proposed White Haired Goldenrod Delisting Ceremony Attended by RRGCC
- 04 Jan 2016 - RRGCC Climbers That Care 2015
- 26 Dec 2015 - Recent Changes in the MFRP
- 30 Nov 2015 - Climbers That Care 2015
- 19 Oct 2015 - Rocktoberfest Review 2015
- 12 Oct 2015 - 2015 Rocktoberfest Clip ‘n’ Go Climbing Comp Results
- 30 Sep 2015 - Rocktoberfest 2015 Clinics
- 18 Sep 2015 - Rocktoberfest 2015 …Older Posts