2014 Rocktoberfest Clip and Go Climbing Comp
07 October 2014
2014 Rocktoberfest Clip and Go Climbing Competition @ the Miller Fork Recreational Preserve
Sponsored by Black Diamond (read: awesome prizes)
- Points = bolts clipped on redpoint x multiplier. (Try often. Only the highest score counts.)
- Stick clipping 1st bolt is allowed, but you must climb to it free.
- Trad routes’ points are all or nothing.
- Anchors = 2 bolts (so, 2 points).
Sport climbing? It doesn’t matter if the gear is hanging.
Trad climbing? Place ’em yourself.
Start time: 10:00am
End time: 5:00pm
Location: MFRP parking lot (GPS coordinates are 37°38’31.9?N 83°40’44.0?W (37.642204, -83.678900), and more detailed instructions are on your comp scoresheet and the registration PDF)
Scoresheets must be turned in to Rick or Yasmeen in the MFRP parking lot at 5:00pm sharp, with your own score tallied and entered in the appropriate spot.
You can compete alone or as a team (or both, if you buy both an individual scoresheet and a team scoresheet).
Final rule: if the scoresheet is wrong, the scoresheet is right.
- 07 Sep 2017 - Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition and Access Fund Record Easements to Strengthen Permanent Protection
- 05 Jun 2017 - Conservation Alliance Grant
- 11 Jan 2017 - Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition Teams up with Access Fund to Secure Access to the Motherlode
- 23 Oct 2016 - Rocktoberfest 2016 Wrap-Up …Older Posts