Muir Valley Response to Climbing Accident Training
24 April 2013
From Rick and Liz Weber, owners of Muir Valley:
On Saturday, May 11, 2013, from 9 AM to 12 noon, a free training exercise will be conducted at Muir Valley on how to respond to a climbing accident. Although these exercises are routinely conducted for members of the Muir Valley Rescue Group, we have decided to open up this training for those outside the Muir Group — especially to those who regularly climb in areas where the official emergency response services are iffy.
We will be meeting at the Shelter House at the Muir Valley main parking lot at 9 AM sharp. If you wish to attend, please try to show up a few minutes early, as we will be leaving shortly after meeting to conduct the training scenario at the Bone Yard Wall. This will be a realistic scenario with a fallen climber.
Bring a helmet if you have one. If not, one will be furnished to you.
- 05 Jun 2017 - Conservation Alliance Grant
- 11 Jan 2017 - Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition Teams up with Access Fund to Secure Access to the Motherlode
- 23 Oct 2016 - Rocktoberfest 2016 Wrap-Up
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause …Older Posts