Reel Rock Tour 2012
by Paul Vidal
11 January 2012
February 24 @ 6:30pm
Some folks are simply pretty amazing.. and those at the Benchmark Outfitters, RockQuest, and University of Cincinnati: Campus Recreation Center are no different. Together, they’re putting on a Reel Rock Tour event for the benefit of the RRGCC. Check out what they’re putting on next month! We’ll see you there!
Help support the Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition and have a great time watching some great climbing films at the University of Cincinnati: Campus Recreation Center, 472 Main Street, Cincinnati, OH. All proceeds benefit the Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition Sponsored locally by: Benchmark Outfitters, RockQuest, and University of Cincinnati: Campus Recreation Center. Door prizes provided by Benchmark and Rockquest. Find it on Facebook. Show will start at 6:30 pm. Check back for more details about the post event party.
About / HistoryThe REEL ROCK Film Tour brings the best in climbing and adventure films to local audiences across the globe. REEL ROCK shows are exciting events where climbers and outdoors lovers come together to celebrate and the ultimate in adventure filmmaking. Prize giveaways, appearances by top climbers, and fundraising for non-profit organizations always add to the fun and community of REEL ROCK events. For the sixth annual film tour, co-founders Sender Films and Big UP Productions are taking audiences to the edge of what’s possible. From climbing the world’s most difficult frozen falls, to the hardest big wall free climb and crazed highline antics, these heart pounding tales of superhuman skills will leave audiences wanting more.
HistoryREEL ROCK founders Josh Lowell and Peter Mortimer have been producing and directing climbing and adventure films for over a decade, with devoted audiences around the world. Their work has been featured on NBC, NPR, and The New York Times, and has won a Sports Emmy Award, plus dozens of awards at international film festivals. After organizing small tours for their individual film releases, Lowell and Mortimer realized the huge demand for exciting live events in the outdoors community and combined forces to create The REEL ROCK Film Tour in 2006. In 2010, REEL ROCK screened in over 200 locations world-wide, drew over 55,000 audience members, raised over $15,000 for non-profits, partnered with more than 150 retailers, university outing clubs and climbing gyms, and won copious media coverage and critical praise.
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause
- 20 May 2016 - Rocktoberfest - New Location
- 03 May 2016 - Bald Rock Fork Road Speed Limit
- 13 Apr 2016 - Red River Reunion 2016 Recap
- 08 Mar 2016 - Economic Impact of Rock Climbing in the Red River Gorge
- 29 Jan 2016 - The Red River Reunion Climbing Competition Returns!
- 08 Jan 2016 - Proposed White Haired Goldenrod Delisting Ceremony Attended by RRGCC
- 04 Jan 2016 - RRGCC Climbers That Care 2015
- 26 Dec 2015 - Recent Changes in the MFRP
- 30 Nov 2015 - Climbers That Care 2015
- 19 Oct 2015 - Rocktoberfest Review 2015
- 12 Oct 2015 - 2015 Rocktoberfest Clip ‘n’ Go Climbing Comp Results
- 30 Sep 2015 - Rocktoberfest 2015 Clinics
- 18 Sep 2015 - Rocktoberfest 2015 …Older Posts