© Elodie Saracco
About the EventThis is the biggest RRGCC fundraiser of the year and is what enables the RRGCC to make their mortgage payments and to save money for future purchases. The event runs Friday through Sunday and consists of sponsor booths with the latest gear, raffles and contests for prizes, a movie, live music, food trucks, a climbing competition on Saturday, and clinics taught by professional athletes on Sunday.
Event VenueThis year, the best weekend of the fall will be at Land of the Arches Campground in Campton, KY. There will be plenty of room to camp, hang out with friends, party, visit vendor booths, listen to music, play games, and support the RRGCC!
Address: 5150 KY-715, Campton, KY 41301
Please note: Dogs will be allowed at the venue during Rocktoberfest weekend only. Owners must leash and poop scoop after their dogs. All other days of the year, dogs are not allowed at Land of the Arches Campground.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 6th
- Take in No Man's Land Film Festival after the sun sets
- Push the limits of your climbing speed at the speed climbing competition, sponsored by Elemental Climbing and Quest Outdoors (most of the evening)
Saturday, October 7th
- Compete in the Black Diamond sponsored outdoor climbing comp (Sign up is from 9-10am at the venue or at 10am at the Miller Fork Parking Lot)
- Party at the venue (events typically start at 6pm)
- Dinner will be food trucks again this year! We will have food trucks/vendors on site.
Sunday, October 8th
Hone your skills at one of the clinics listed below (10am – 3pm)
Backcountry Trad – Scott Bennet and Heath Rowland
Learn the lightweight gear tactics you will need to take your trad game miles into the woods. Sponsored by Rab.
British Trad – TBD
Learn how the British do it differently. Bring all your questions about the E-rating system, gritstone, and the guy that fell on Gaia. Sponsored by DMM.
Climb Like a Girl – TBD
Learn to climb with technique, strength, style, grace, and all the other qualities that come to mind when you see a stellar climber dance up a route. Come prepared to do an even number of pitches before you are allowed to leave for the day! Sponsored by Petzl.
Developing a Free Mind… The Warrior's Way – Arno Ilgner
The mind tends to lock attention in a mental prison of its own making. Being effective requires a free mind that allows our attention to flow to the present task. Most of us don't have such a mind. It's rife with resistance to stress, ego gratification, and achievement motivation that distract our attention. Understanding these distractions, diminishing them, and redirecting our attention to the present task, demonstrates a mind that has freed attention from this prison. Doing this helps us access the flow state, a state that allows our attention to flow from moment to moment as the situation changes. We'll do discussions about motivation, ego, and self worth; ground "body awareness" drills; and climbing drills.
- Target student: This clinic is not for beginners. You must have at least 6 months of continuous climbing experience and know the basics knots, belaying, and be able to climb 5.9 without falling/hanging.
- Equipment Needed: Harness, shoes, belay device, helmet. Plus draws and a rope (if you have them).
- Clinic length: 4-6 hours
Leave No Trace – TBD
Learn how to tread more lightly in the RRG we all love!
RRG Classics: 10s, 11s, 12s – Dru Mack
Learn how to climb RRG classics whilst staying DMS from pro / local legend Dru Mack. What does DMS mean? Sign up to find out. Sponsored by Evolv.
Trad Deep Dive – TBD
Learn about the philosophies behind trad climbing from a master or the art who has been studying the art for decades. Sponsored by Outdoor Research.
- Backcountry Trad – Scott Bennet and Heath Rowland
|Event||Pre-registration||At the Door|
|Saturday (excluding Climbing Comp)||$15||$20|
|Clinics (limited availability)||$40||$40|