State of the Roads and Bridges Address
07 April 2015
Spring’s rain hasn’t been kind to our roads and bridges! Please see the points below for a summary of what’s going on:
- Bald Rock Road is passable in most all locations by passenger vehicles
- Access to Flat Holler parking lot is not available at this time – please park elsewhere.
- Flat Holler parking lot should be accessible by this next weekend provided weather cooperates. Next week at the latest if it does not.
- Hell Creek Road is in disrepair, and traveling beyond the intersection of Shumaker Ridge Road and Hell Creek by vehicle is NOT advised until further notice – road repairs are contingent on weather.
- We ask that you DO NOT travel back to Sore Heel in anything less than a 4×4 vehicle and DO NOT park along Sore Heel road during this time.
- Parking in front of oil wells, next to oil well access roads, in the road, or anywhere where you might close the travel corridor more than 12’ is strictly prohibited. The oil company MUST have access to repair roads and maintain their equipment. Violators WILL BE TOWED.
- Please use good judgment when parking during this time – do not impede local or company traffic in any way.
- If you cannot find a place to park responsibly, please consider a different crag until we can repair this Spring’s damage.
- All climbing is OPEN and always will be!
- 05 Jun 2017 - Conservation Alliance Grant
- 11 Jan 2017 - Red River Gorge Climbers' Coalition Teams up with Access Fund to Secure Access to the Motherlode
- 23 Oct 2016 - Rocktoberfest 2016 Wrap-Up
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause …Older Posts